Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holy Spirit took me to Psalms 23 during my prayer time this morning.  As I read the words such a sweet presence come around me.  I was required as a child to memorize this Psalm in Sunday school.  Today after all these years the Psalm became very real to me in a very awesome way.  The Psalm was no longer just memorized words but more like living words to me.

Today I desire to thank our wonderful Savior for the most beautiful gift of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus explained so clearly in:

John7:37-39
"On the last day, that great day of the fease, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."  But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified."

John 14: 15-18
"If you love Me, keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you."

Holy Spirit - Spirit of Christ within each and every believer!  He will lead us to truth.  Thank you Sweet Jesus for the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Thank you today Holy Spirit you made Psalm 23 alive for me as if Jesus Himself was talking to me as we sat by still waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment